For a multitude of reasons, purchasing organic products makes a lot of sense.
Listed below are a few good ones to help you decide.
2) Help Protect Our Health - Organic farming limits input of toxic and persistent chemicals into the environment, which in turn, positively impacts our own health, the health of our children, the health of farm workers, and the health of future generations.
require a high amount of energy to produce.
4) Help Protect Our Water Resources - By eliminating chemical fertilizers, and promoting organic soil building practices, the overall quality of our lakes, rivers, estuaries, ground and drinking waters improve.
6) Increase Productivity Of The Land - Organic farming practices build productive nutrient rich soil that resists topsoil erosion.
8) Support A True Economy - Buying organic is a direct investment in the long-term future of our planet. The choices we make now can free us from costly pesticide- related environmental clean-ups in the future.
for decades, and are never grown from genetically engineered seed.
10) Organic Products Meet Stringent Standards - Organic certification is the public’s assurance that products have been grown and handled according to strict procedures.